Now we’ve seen these posts everywhere right and they’re somehow all different. One is geared towards being totally disconnected, one for being productive, spending more time with your kids and so on. This is a generalized one. So that is you’re any kind of person this can be a useful list of ways to get off the social media frenzy for at least 30 mins. It’s not entirely healthy to just sit and waste all your days on social media and it’s not good on your self esteem usually either. Which makes me a hypocrite because I’m always on social media but hey, we always need a break. So I’m taking my own advice and I’ll be applying these tips too!
1. PLAY A GAME
2. READ A BOOK, NEWSPAPER OR BLOGS (better yet, my blog)
3. DRAW OR ADULT COLOR (color with your kids!)
4.LISTEN TO AUDIOBOOK
5. DO SOMETHING FROM PINTEREST
6. SELF CARE (LONG BATH, DO YOUR NAILS, HAIR OR FACE TREATMENT, EAT CHOCOLATE)
7. JOURNAL OR WRITE SOMETHING (letter, poem, free write, story, play etc)
8. CALL SOMEONE
11. WATCH A SHOW (NETFLIX BINGE)
12. WATCH OR START A YouTube CHANNEL
13. DOWNLOAD NEW MUSIC (Pandora, Spotify, Apple Music etc)
14. WRITE YOUR TO DO LIST
15. MEAL PLAN FOR THE WEEK
16. GO PICK UP YOUR MAIL
17. LEARN/TEACH YOURSELF/ OR SOMEONE ELSE SOMETHING NEW (LANGUAGE, COURSE OR SKILL)
18. PLAY WITH YOUR PET, OR ADOPT A NEW ONE (adopt don’t shop!)
19. SING OR DANCE
20. TAKE NEW PICTURES (for your social media)
BONUS: Go a whole day without updating, checking or posting. See if you’re strong willed enough to do it. (I’m going to attempt it too, PROMISE! Then that will be an upcoming post.)
Sometimes it’s important to take a step back and reflect on what “real life” is. And I have a hard time with it because I’ve become so entrenched into social media and putting so much weight on it. I love to connect with you as friends, clients and just souls meeting for the first time and social media let’s us all do that. But it’s not the only way, so if you ever wanna email or send me snail mail just gimme a heads up and I’m all for it!
I hope these pointers for avoiding or taking time away from social media will help you stand alone and reflect on what other things you enjoy doing in life. Take every morning by the horns- each day is unique and genuinely all your own.