One day after scrolling social media and watching through my biggest YouTube followers on snap chat I saw this company that creates their own prints and custom decals. I was so excited about how cute and funny they all were. So I thought “hey I’ve been a blogger for awhile… maybe they’d like some more promotion and I’m sure that people in my audience would like these things.”Of course I just literally wanted to buy everything up but I resisted.
So I decided to reach out and say that I’d like to review their products! I was so surprised when she immediately got back to me with interest and was excited to send me a few things to share!
Flannel Design Co. Website
From their website; they said:
we traveled through the Pacific Northwest with our flannel shirts
trough the forests and to the coast, we imagined a shop where we could
see new things and create new ideas; a place where imagination combines
with inspiration. Henry Miller wrote, “one’s destination is never
a place, but a new way of seeing things,” and this idea is what our
company was founded on. We take inspiration from the world around us and
create fun and imaginative designs for any and all events in one’s
life, from birth announcements to moving cards, to wedding designs.
Flannel Design Co. is your one stop shop for all your design needs, big
and small. You create the idea, and we create the design.
Like the material, Flannel Design Co. is versatile and you can count on our materials and design to hold up to any challenge.”
I reached out to them on Instagram with a little note about how I’d seen them and thought their things were so cute. She said they had some new things coming out and if I was willing to review them. All I heard was HOLOGRAPHIC FOIL…Of course! New items are so exciting and I couldn’t wait to share with you guys.
You are For Me print
Can’t Touch This
adventure awaits decal/the mountains are calling and I must go decal
I also got a “let’s flamingle” decal, which was not shown on their shop but they do have this in a print or a tumbler
I have already starting decorating my place with these beautiful and one of a kind prints. They make me smile and I’ve never seen anything like them! Head on over to the Etsy shop and check out all their unique items.
USE CODE: LOVENORA for 10% off
It’s one of my favorite things in the whole world to do: Netflix and Chill (but really chill with a snack). Recently I’ve asked you if I should keep updating and reviewing my choices from Netflix (and other media) and you said YES! I’ve been killing a lot of alone time by watching a lot of new shows on Netflix. I hope you enjoy this post and maybe, haven’t seen all of these. Tell me what you think down below and if you have, rate them yourself and let me know what your other favorites are!
* all plot descriptions come from IMDB*
Royal Pains- 5 stars
A young E.R. doctor who, after being wrongly blamed for a patient’s death, moves to the Hamptons and becomes the reluctant “doctor for hire” to the rich and famous. … Hank Lawson is a doctor who can diagnose a person on the spot and treat them with whatever is around.”
what I think: I love this show! It’s addicting and positive and isn’t too gory like other tv medical dramas. It’s funny and sweet and has it’s romantic ups and downs. Divya is my favorite character and something about her is badass and determined in her situation. Plus the brothers (both actors) are really hot!
An average 28-year-old man who gains the ability to use the full extent of his brain’s capabilities is hired by the FBI as a consultant.
what I think: I just started this show but it’s very action packed and interesting to follow. I think its fascinating and can’t get enough of it. I wish his brain power was capable for all of us. It’s a murder mystery in a sense and because I just started it I don’t have more description but I’m liking it, I think it’s sorta similar to 24 the tv show.
Good Witch-2 stars
“Good Witch” will take viewers on a new magical journey with Cassie Nightingale and her daughter Grace. When Dr. Sam Radford moves in next door to Grey House with his son, they are charmed by the ‘magical’ mother-daughter duo.
what I think: It’s a sweet take on a “intuition super power” story not spooky or rated R- it’s a safe show for people of all ages (I think). The drama and mystery surrounding this family is anything but boring. I love the lesson in each episode too. Sometimes can be a little slow or boring but I love Catherine Bell (from Army Wives) and Bailee Madison (The Fosters).
Hawaii Five O (2010-)-5 stars
Steve McGarrett returns home to Oahu, in order to find his father’s killer. The governor offers him the chance to run his own task force (Five-0). Steve’s team is joined by Chin Ho Kelly, Danny “Danno” Williams, and Kono Kalakaua.
what I think: It’s ACTION packed and thrilling, mysterious and draws me into each episode. I love getting to know the characters and how their lives intertwine. The criminals in the series are evolving and getting more hard to catch and evil.
Girl-Boss- 4 stars
Sophia, a misfit, discovers a passion for fashion, becoming an unlikely businesswoman in the process. As her business grows, however, she has to learn to cope with life as her own boss. This show is loosely based on the true story of Nasty Gal Founder, Sophia Amoruso.
what I think: She’s a mess like me and I can totally relate to the struggle of the hustle. I am motivated and encouraged when I watch this to push myself harder to my goals. Otherwise you’ll never get there and no one will do it for you. I love how everyone’s doubt just makes her work harder!
Life in Pieces-4 stars
A family comedy told through the separate stories of different family members.
what I think: I love this show! It’s a great spin off type of show from Parenthood. Similar to it in the presentation of the characters and story line. It;s emotional and moving at points just like the Parenthood mention. I think the acting is quality and I, personally don’t recognize a lot of actors in it but that’s okay. It’s a genuine connection.
OITNB (orange is the new black)-5 stars
Convicted of a decade old crime of transporting drug money to an ex-girlfriend, normally law abiding Piper Chapman is sentenced to a year and a half behind bars to face the reality of how life changing prison can really be.
what I think: This show is so addicting! While it’s content is questionable, it’s like a magnet- I just can’t stop watching. It has sexual content that is unexplained and honestly, sweetly ravaging. The prisoners stories and lives start to emerge I think in season 2-3 and that’s when I knew I had a favorite show. It’s moving, captivating and I’d say if you’re turned off by it; give it a chance, a real change like a whole season. The mood changes after season one and although they often leave you on a cliffhanger- it’s worth it!
Switched at Birth (new episodes)-5 stars
Two teenage girls’ lives are turned upside down when they find out they were switched at birth.
what I think: It’s so great the sisterhood and camaraderie that continues in the latest season. It shows the real effects of deafness on a family through their own dynamics. The sisterly bond really sticks with me and reminds me that sisterhood is life and there are seasons to siblings, sometimes its easy, sometimes its hard.
please don’t forget to re-pin if you enjoyed it!
This is the review of Feisty and Fearless on Goodreads.com: Goodreads Review
A few words about it and what others said:-
“In Feisty & Fearless: Nice Girls CAN Be Leaders:
• The characteristics of effective leaders
• 14 Exercises to guide you through your work in becoming a more effective leader
• Discover that Caring is one of the keys to authentic leadership
Read stories of women leaders:
• An artist who empowers children
• A successful CEO who puts her family first
• A divorced mother who reinvented herself to provide for her children
• An actress turned successful business owner who heals a family rift
• A child leader
• A company leader who thinks empowering others is her main job
• A world-renowned expert and author who puts her ego aside
• A feminist who lets nothing stop her in her work to have women learn how to be safe
“Wow, at last! Here is a feminist voice that covers discrimination of all colors and sizes – bigotry against women, Jews, immigrants, having red hair, too little money and too much, fat, bossy. The list is endless.” Carolyn Howard-Johnson, award-winning author of Imperfect Echoes
“We all have a back story, the failures and the poor decision making we recognise when we look back on our lives, and Pauline Is refreshingly frank about her own ups and downs. Her determination to step up and show responsibility is a practical manual in leadership skills which will inspire and motivate many women.”
Karen Abrams Lawyer/Lecturer, U.K.”
Here’s some questions that Raewyn of Shield Sisters Initiative (book club in part) put up on her blog when we had our discussion.
- Ok, to start, I want to know what words stood out to you the most in the title? Feisty and Fearless: Nice Girls Can Be Leaders I think Leaders stood out to me because I don’t often see myself as a leader. I don’t step yp to the plate and usually fall somewhere towards the middle as a organizer or follower of a project or way of thinking.
- How do you define leadership? Did it change as you read the book? Leadership to me is taking the reins and standing strong no matter the cost, also sounds a lot like bravery to me; I suppose they are one and very similar.
- Which leadership traits do you possess? Courage, responsibility, integrity risk-taking openness, listening, engagement, empowerment caring responsibility, integrity, openness, engagement, empowerment and caring
- Which of the leadership traits do you think you need to work on? Courage, responsibility, integrity, risk-taking, openness, listening, engagement, empowerment, caring Courage, risk taking, listening
- Which leader from the book did you connect with most? What other leader role models do you have? Ria Severance because she was working in the job field I would like to be in and juggling a very successful and busy lifestyle and family. I don’t have many other good positive role models in my family/friends. I would say my blog tribe is a good pillar of support and examples. I don’t believe I have many.
- What was your favorite quote? “Mistakes and failures are everyday occurrences, but if you try to be perfect and hold everyone on your team to a similar standard., the results will be anything but perfect. We learn what works by finding out what doesn’t.” -page 37 of 95
- What were your overall thoughts on the book? I never really thought that a book about being a “leader” would be for me. I’m not too much into the ‘marketing yourself in business’ kind of books. Self-help is another story I’m 100% behind those, hell I need them. I am however, a nice girl who wants to be more confident and gain skills for being a leader (at least for myself). I always wondered why I was not a stronger leadership type and truth is, I never learned it or had to. And when I did have the option to practice being a leader I just stayed in the back as a member of the team. So I figured I’d give this book a chance of giving me some insight. The start of this book was very slow and confusing because she started with examples that seemed to lead nowhere. She mentioned a bunch of women who are leaders in different ways of life. However overall, I did find it useful and was worth the read. I saved quite a few motivational quotes and bits of it for when I need inspiration to keep moving forward. I like the author and have heard good things about her and other pieces that she’s written but this wasn’t her strongest. Although going back through the book the exercises inside each chapter at the end were helpful in deepening my leader spirit.
If you’d like to read and answer these questions or just out of personal sharing feel free to! I’d love to hear what you have to say. 🙂