I wanted to write a simple post for this love-ly holiday that many people choose to hate. But I wanted to share a few ways that maybe those people or couples who want to switch it up will have a handufl of new ways to celebrate. My hope is that some of these may stick and you’ll have fun with this sweet but sour holiday and I wish you all lots of love.
5 small ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day
1. Enjoy some chocolate covered fruit on a special day-buy the chocolate (the good stuff!) and pick out all your favorite fruits, all different kinds (pineapple, apple, strawberries, raspberries and mangoes!).
2. Take new pictures for yourself or you and your S/O to create and make memories-try different poses, new sorts of backdrops and all various moods and smiles. Have fun and enjoy each other or do this with your friends!
3. Have a fun date with a group of friends like movie and dinner-grab all your 5-6 closest friends or less a close 2-4 friends and go see a fun movie and have a fabulous dinner from someplace new perhaps.
4. Self indulge; do everything you love for one day- a nice bubble bath, a spa day, a meal or two with yourself-all of the above!
5. Go on a local stay vacation-discover your city or town, maybe you’ll find a new favorite-find a quaint place and go to a new restaurant or museum or botanical garden. Check out anything that’s a new experience for you! Make a new memory book based on this local weekend of fun.
I hope these are new ideas that maybe you’d apply to this ever lovin’ holiday together or alone!
Please don’t forget to repin and share this post!