What I want in 2019:1. Blog 2-3x a week I should start prepping content now and thinking of topics that people will find helpful in the new year or in January in general. There are many subjects that I haven’t even explored or touched on so if there is something specific that you’d like to see please leave me a comment below or feel free to email me.
2. Travel-California, Florida, Greece? Start a savings TRAVEL fund so we can take a trip or two this coming year. The only way to make this happen is to start being more conscious of money and paying off debt and setting extra funds aside. My dream trip is Greece and by god, I would FLIP if I got to go.
3. Read one book a month I can absolutely do this. I find when I am reading often I do really enjoy that intake of story and information. Set a schedule to do this every AM/PM and stick to it. Find the only books that you enjoy and really want to fully read and gain knowledge from.
“Some books leave us free and some books make us free.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Personal Growth- self love, self care, self actualization commence Do a self care routine a couple times a week if possible. Have a better sense of my own self love and self respect. Start doing and achieving whatever I can for self growth and actualization. *Read personal development and write notes or take aways to apply those principles*
5. Save 1K for emergencies or towards 10 yr wedding fund Again another savings goals. But I have to make this happen for a better wedding plans and emergency savings because we have learned this year that that is IMPORTANT. If you yourself don’t already have one or has recently depleted I encourage you to start one.
6. Listen to more audio media- podcasts, ted talks, music etc I have started applying this while I clean or write posts/brainstorm etc or sometimes before bed when I’m antsy and can’t chill out. I enjoy a few podcasts like Pretty Basic, Coffee Talk with Kalyn and also a few crime or general knowledge ones. I try not to grab too many downloaded for lack of space and also for simplicity sake. I am working on decluttering every inch of my mental and physical space.
7. Volunteer- aka being a nicer, more giving person; and/or donate more often to non profit charities I want to (if not a job) have a better sense of community and doing something with my time that I enjoy and helps others. I’ve often thought of volunteering at a soup kitchen or a dog shelter or even helping at a donation center or charity. The only thing holding me back is transportation so let’s make that happen too. The second part of this is donate more and keep track of those things so they can be deduced for tax reasons. 8. Get my freaking LICENSE I go back and forth on whether I want to or not and being more independent as a human being. But overall, I know it would help so much for me to be able to get out and do things without asking for a ride or relying on other modes. Fear about driving is common, but it will be better in the end to gain the knowledge and then make a decision from there. 9. Improve Exercise and Nutrition habits I have somewhat improved upon eating better, not in a perfect way but definitely different that I’m not eating just only junk and fast food. Finding healthy snacks and drinking more water is a basic start I’ve begun. I am not really as close on the fitness track but I have a goal for a new gym routine/yoga and stretch days. 10. Build better relationships My actual relationships, friends, family or otherwise, have been sort of put on the back burner. I don’t mean to and yes I’m close to a small group of close people I love and trust. But I have pulled away from many and also put up with far too much interpersonal abuse so that has stopped this year. However I do care about many people I know and want to continue to get to know in my life and that is what I’d like to improve upon. Building and focusing on nurturing a friendship/relationship takes both parties giving 100%.